A shingle suitable for use with underground soil and soakaway pipe.
Construction of Soakaway Drainage fields
- Use solid perforated foul drainage pipe, with the slots/holes at the bottom, laid in trenches of a uniform gradient not steeper than 1:200
- Pipes should be laid at a minimum depth of 200mm and a maximum depth of 700mm. to enable aerobic contact between the effluent and the drainage stone and soil particle
- The Maximum length of a single trench is 30 metres.
- Pipes should be laid on 300mm of clean shingle, gravel or broken grade 1 stone ( 20mm – 50mm ).
- Soakaway drainage field trenches should be filled to a level of 50mm above the pipe
- Drainage trenches should be between 300mm and 900mm wide with areas of undisturbed ground of minimum 1m wide between parallel trenches.
- An inspection chamber should be installed between the septic tank and the drainage field.
- Delivered and unloaded in bulk bags for large project quantities
- The high strength jumbo bags can be used for multiple purposes
- Acts as a weed suppressant
- Actual weight will vary depending on moisture content
- The product is locally sourced and natural so the colour may vary from images shown