For those seeking an affordable solution to treat their domestic wastewater, the Klargester BioAir 5 Sewage Treatment Plant is an excellent choice. This treatment plant is available in both a pumped and gravity version and is capable of handling up to fifteen people. Constructed from MDPE, it delivers superior effluent quality with a remarkable BOD5 rating of 97.5%.
The BioAir 5 model has undergone rigorous third-party testing and meets high standards for wastewater treatment as per EN 12566-3. In addition, it features a control panel, PPFDS Alarm, Beacon, and High-Level Alarm (IPS unit only) for extra safety. With a lockable child-proof cover, the BioAir 5 model ensures peace of mind for households with children or pets. Plus, the 3-year warranty provides added protection for your investment.
Sizing your System
Bioficient 5: suitable for up to 15 population (up to 13 bedrooms) - MDPE
How the Klargester BioAir works
The moving aerated media process used is a compact development of the traditional biological process and provides a more effective and complete means of reducing the loads.
- Raw sewage gravitates to the unit where it is received in the primary settlement zone. Here, gross solids and other social debris settle to the bottom of the tank where they remain until the tank requires de-sludging. Settled sewage is displaced from primary zone and enters the first of : two sequential moving aerated media reactors.
- Media and liquid circulation in each zone is achieved through the use of a compressor and diffuser, which introduces fresh air into each compartment. The liquor is constantly re-circulated and contacts the moving media and as it does so, it is purified by the microorganisms (biomass) growing on the surface of the media and within the moving liquor. Excess growth of biomass is shed as solid particles into the liquor.
- The final settlement tank is where humus solids settle to form sludge. At pre-set intervals, portions of the sludge and liquor are returned to the primary tank for additional treatment.
- Final effluent is displaced from the final settlement tank. With regulator approval, it is suitable for discharge to a watercourse or drainage field.
Features & Benefits: Klargester BioAir 5 Sewage Treatment Plant 15 Person - Gravity
- A high-performance fifteen-person domestic wastewater treatment solution, made from MDPE
- Available in pumped and gravity options
- Offers improved effluent quality with a BOD5 score of 97.5%
- Third-party tested to EN 12566-3
- Comes with a control panel, PPFDS Alarm, Beacon and High Level Alarm (IPS unit only) for added safety
- Perfect for shallow dig applications and great for installation in traffic areas
- A sustainable choice that does not use plastic media
- Suitable for single homes, multiple homes, light industrial premises, small offices and more
- 3-year warranty
These models are perfect for shallow dig applications and are a great option for installation in high-traffic areas as they have a low profile that won't detract from the aesthetics of your property. The BioAir 5 model is an eco-friendly choice that does not use plastic media, making it a sustainable and environmentally conscious option.
The Klargester BioAir 5 Sewage Treatment Plant is a flexible and hassle-free option for your wastewater treatment needs, ideal for single and multiple homes, light industrial premises, small offices, farms, or barn conversions.
- Free delivery to UK Mainland sites (Scottish Highlands excl., please contact us for a delivery prices).
- Offloading is the Customers responsibility
- Delivery dates are subject to change with respect to product availability