The VORTEX Eco Electric sewage treatment plant is the only ADJUSTABLE sewage treatment system in the UK.
It can be set to work with varying populations simply by turning it either up or down on a hand-turn valve and has much LOWER OPERATING COSTS than all Non-Electric Plants.
Approved by the Environment Agency and on the British Water Certified List.
Unique Features of the VORTEX Sewage Treatment System;
- Extremely clean effluent - up to 98.9% pollutant reduction. Also OK for Northern Ireland with 98.2% BOD reduction.
- Fully adjustable to suit the number of people using it.
- The lowest electricity consumption of any electric plant - from only £25/year.
- Much lower maintenance costs than Non-Electric Treatment systems.
- Odourless - complete aerobic digestion throughout the sewage treatment plant.
- One piece tank construction - not sectional - no leaking seals.
- Very small size enables economic installation in tight spaces.
- The VORTEX has a unique debris screen - The Vibro-Screen™ keeps tampons, wipes, etc. out of the plant but lets organic solids through.
- The VORTEX recycles its own waste products resulting in less sludge to remove.
- No Primary Settlement Tank - No Primary Tank Odour.
- No need to buy a separate sampling chamber - there is a unique sampling point within the tank. This saves you another £300.
- Simple and cheap maintenance - one piece construction ensures no structural weakness..
- Top Quality linear motor compressor - these compressors are much more expensive than cheaper diaphragm compressors used by other manufacturers, but they are almost silent, use very little electricity and CAN be repaired.
- Cheap, easy installation. No Concrete needed for dry sites
- 10 year tank warranty- no metalwork to corrode inside or outside the tank.
- Can accept sewage pumped into it if required.
- Versatile inlet depths - Vortex sewage treatment plants can be supplied for 200mm, 550mm or 950mm inlet invert levels.
- Can be manufactured with the inlet and outlet on the same side at no extra cost for difficult sites.
- EN 12566-3 2005 Test Report available on request.
- Unbeatable ammonia reduction - incredibly down to 0.4mg/L. Very important for sensitive watercourses.
Accepted by the Environment Agency for discharge to watercourses and ditches, without the need for a permit, if the installation complies with the General and Binding Environment Agency Rules. If you have a ditch locally.
Principles of the treatment process
Incoming sewage is screened to prevent accidental non-degradable products entering the digestion chamber. The Vibro-Screen allows organic sewage solids to enter the tank without problems.
The screened sewage is aerated and a microbial 'soup' develops that digests the pollutants and organic matter in the sewage. These beneficial microbes are constantly topped up with the microbes that settle out at the bottom of the final settlement tank, ensuring a constant supply of bacteria for the digestion process. There is no need to add extra bacteria at all, as is the case with some other plants.
The treated sewage then enters the final settlement chamber where activated sludge bacteria settle out at the bottom. These beneficial microbes are constantly returned to the digestion chamber, via the Vibro-Screen, to boost the treatment system performance.
The bacterial scum or crust that forms on the top of the effluent in the clarification chamber is returned through a pipe to the Vibro-Screen via the FSR pipe. This is an innovation unique to the Vortex™. Other activated sludge plants need this crust removing, by hand, at regular intervals.
It saves a lot of unpleasant work for both the owner and the service engineer, resulting in lower cost servicing bills.
The Vortex sewage treatment plant range is 4, 6, 9, 12, 16, 21 and 30 person sizes.
|Tank O/D (mm)||1850
|Base to Inlet (mm)
|Base to Outlet (mm)||1400|
|Air Blower||JDK 120|
200mm Inlet Invert
|Total Height (mm)||1718
|In Ground Depth (mm)||1650|
|Outlet Invert (mm)||250|
550mm Inlet Invert
|Total Height (mm)||2068
|In Ground Depth (mm)||2000
|Outlet Invert (mm)||600
950mm Inlet Invert
|Total Height (mm)
|In Ground Depth (mm)
|Outlet Invert (mm)
- Free delivery to UK Mainland sites (Scottish Highlands excl., please contact us for a delivery prices).
- Offloading is the Customers responsibility
- Delivery dates are subject to change with respect to product availability